We have a new SwiftKey keyboard update today which brings you a special seasonal theme and an improved installer. This update introduces “Ice”, a new holiday theme designed to ensure communicating with your friends and family is full of festive fun this Christmas!
Ice is a cool blue theme with snow-capped keys and snowflake “key pops” every time you tap a letter. Flowing words brings a smattering of snow fall and an ice-themed background image completes the design.
This version also introduces a simpler installer process to make SwiftKey easier and more welcoming for new users. Thank you to everyone who tested this in beta to ensure it works across languages and devices.
This update is available from Google Play now and has been submitted to Amazon Appstore for approval. Just return to the app store you used to purchase SwiftKey, log in and tap to update for free.
If you’re currently testing out our latest beta, which introduces emoji support and an optional number row, don’t worry – we’ve put out an update so you get this cool new theme while you try out these fun features. You also might be able to find a fun little Christmas Easter egg… Let us know on Twitter @SwiftKey if you find it! Download the latest beta update.
We wanted to use this update to wish a very Merry Christmas to those of who you celebrate it. Thank you for all your support in 2013 and we can’t wait to bring you more innovations and improvements in the coming year!
The SwiftKey team
Bug fixes for the SwiftKey 4.4 update:
- Fixed a bug with punctuation where the symbols weren’t inserted in some situations
- Improved performance while switching fields or after sending messages in some apps
- Fixed several instances of Force Closes in the app
- Fixed last column of the keyboard being cut on smileys layout
- Fixed a bug in Hangouts for the keyboard not inserting text after an emoticon
- Fixed a bug in the installer summary screen where if you tap themes twice in quick successions, it opened two instances of the Settings
- Keyboard doesn’t hide the field when signing into Cloud anymore
- Not showing notifications on Cloud screen during installation anymore