Hot on the heels of our update for the emoji and number row beta on Tuesday we’ve got an update for the market version of SwiftKey too.
This time, the team has mainly focused on bug fixes, force closes and RAM usage issues to improve your overall SwiftKey experience.
This 4.4.2 update will drop in Google Play today so just log in with the credentials you used to purchase the app and hit update. We’ve notified Amazon App Store of this update too so it should be updated there as soon as it’s been approved.
Here’s what’s been improved:
- Several memory and performance issues resolved
- Ice theme uses less RAM now
- Some force closes when loading languages
- Other force closes affecting different parts of the app
- Keyboard no longer jumps after unlocking the device with a password
- The bottom row is no longer hidden by the menu bar on some Motorola and Meizu devices (if you are experiencing this issue on other devices, we would really like to know so please tell us at support.swiftkey.net)
- Fixed some issues with SwiftKey Cloud sync
Thank you to all who’ve given feedback on bugs and features over on the Support forum.
Finally, the work doesn’t stop. We’re committed to new ideas, innovative features and fixing remaining issues within the app and we’ll update you further in due course.
The SwiftKey team