UPDATE: New SwiftKey 3 Beta details below.
Today heralds the launch of the SwiftKey 3 Beta – the latest version of our multi-award winning Android keyboard that we’ve been working flat out on for the last six months. Only three days ago as an April Fools’ prank, we jested that we’d reinvented the keyboard again. Thing is, this time we really have.
Not only do we actually have a larger spacebar with improved typing UI for you (as requested by so many users) but SwiftKey 3 is also the most advanced touchscreen keyboard the world has to offer.
We’ve cracked one of the hardest problems that exists in text entry – how to correctly determine when a user has missed spaces. With our new Smart Space technology, SwiftKey 3 figures out when you’ve missed spaces (or maybe hit a letter instead) across long strings of sloppy text. So you can type “Lleasexqllme” and SwiftKey 3 will know you mean “Please call me”. Or perhaps you type “Swidykeuvroxla”, where in fact you mean “SwiftKey rocks”. It makes typing much, much easier. You can even type a whole sentence out without hitting space once.
There are too many other innovations and improvements in SwiftKey 3 to detail here, but notable highlights include two new beautiful themes, support for the Android backup service (so you’ll never lose learned phrases again), and support for seven new languages, including Korean and Persian (Farsi).
UPDATED MAY 4: We’ve been working very hard to bring you an update to SwiftKey 3 Beta, and we hope you’ll like it.
We’ve read all of your feedback (a pretty gigantic task) and we believe that this version is a significant improvement on the previous build.
Since the last version we have:
* Improved the UI: there is now a dedicated comma key, and the <123> key is now in the bottom-left corner. And of course you still have the larger spacebar.
* Refined the Smart Punctuation pop-up.
* Reintroduced the Long-press duration setting.
* Improved Smart Space functionality.
* Further reduced lag on some devices.
* Fixed a number of bugs, including the missing decimal point in the numpad and the “What’s New” dialog popping up all the time.
UPDATED MAY 30: We have a brand new Beta for you to try out!
As always, we have made changes based on feedback from our VIPs, and we want to thank them for helping us to make this version of SwiftKey 3 Beta the best yet.
This new Beta has:
- Improved prediction algorithms
- Better, more consistent punctuation key behavior
- Smarter Smart Space functionality (which will make it easier to enter email addresses etc)
- A refined experience in Google Chrome Beta
- Fixed missing predictions on the longpress of @ and .com
- Improved gestures
- Eliminated lag on letter pop-ups
- Various other minor bug fixes and usability improvements
This version is still a Beta, and as such there are some issues that we are still working on. Rest assured, the final SwiftKey 3 will be (with your help) even better. Join our 60,000-strong VIP Community to let us know what you think of this Beta and help shape the future of SwiftKey Your feedback is very important to us, and we truly appreciate you giving your time and attention to help make SwiftKey the best keyboard on Android.
Download SwiftKey 3 Beta here http://vip.swiftkey.net/sk3beta
Download SwiftKey 3 Tablet Beta here http://vip.swiftkey.net/sk3tabletbeta
Don’t forget to leave your feedback on our VIP Community at http://vip.swiftkey.net/
Chief Marketing Officer, SwiftKey