We have some good news for you today – an update to SwiftKey which fixes a number of issues that you’ve reported in SwiftKey 4.2. Many thanks to all of the users who took the time to report bugs on our feedback forum; your input helps us to track down problems and fix them quickly and efficiently.
The latest version is available as a free update for existing users – just go to the app store where you bought SwiftKey, log in and go to “My Apps” to find it. New users can find SwiftKey on Google Play or on the Amazon Appstore, where it costs just $3.99/£2.99/€3.99.
The changes in this version are:
- Fixed the issue with your personal language being lost
- Backup & Sync will not keep your phone awake and use all your battery
- Reduced network usage when Trending Phrases are turned on
- Predictions in right-to-left languages should now be displayed the right way round.
- Fixed Evernote return key problems
- Restored “^” as m-key secondary in Azerty layout
- Spanish punctuation now available on Qwerty layout (if Spanish language is enabled)
- Fixed a number of crashes, including: flowing two words together quickly, repeatedly pressing “update languages” button, and a number of others
- Fixed some translations within the app
As always, we’re still busy innovating to create new features and improvements for you. We plan to update you on what we’ve next got in store very soon!