Today we’re launching SwiftKey 4.2 on Google Play (and other app stores once submission is approved), featuring SwiftKey Cloud! This exciting new set of features allows you to create a cloud-based hub for your personal language profile for the first time.
SwiftKey 4.2 is a free update for existing users – just return to the app store you purchased SwiftKey from and hit ‘update’. For new users, we’re holding a 50% off sale on Google Play, so now’s a great time to recommend the app to your friends and co-workers.
Enabling SwiftKey Cloud delivers these essential features:
Backup & Sync – With Backup, your personal language profile is kept safe in the cloud, giving you the personalized SwiftKey experience within seconds of installing the app on a new device. With Sync, the words and phrases that matter to you are seamlessly shared across all your devices.
Trending Phrases – SwiftKey’s technology analyzes Twitter and other news sources to sift out the most relevant daily discussions and localized trending topics in your language. Using advanced technology, SwiftKey captures the day’s most important phrases from the worlds of news, showbiz and sport to help you type about what’s on the agenda that day.
This feature launches in the following languages: English (US), English (UK), English (AU), Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (PT), Portuguese (BR), Russian, Spanish (ES), Spanish (LA), Swedish, Turkish.
Enhanced Personalization – SwiftKey Cloud makes it easier than ever to ensure your next-word predictions and auto-corrections are tailored to you. Full integration with the Gmail and Facebook APIs allows for ‘one-click’ personalization for accounts registered on your device, and Yahoo! Mail has been added alongside Twitter, RSS and SMS personalization options.
Over to co-founder and CTO Ben Medlock: “We’re incredibly excited to bring the power of our predictions to our users wherever they are. We know an increasing number of people have multiple devices that they use in different settings. With today’s update, our users can now carry their personal experience with them across all their devices and receive words and phrases based on the news near them.”
We’re really excited about SwiftKey Cloud – we hope you enjoy it!
The SwiftKey team
What else is new in SwiftKey 4.2?
As well as SwiftKey Cloud, SwiftKey 4.2 also includes:
- Better contextual predictions: SwiftKey will recognize the kind of field you are typing in and suggest more relevant predictions. For example, a contact field will learn contact names over time as they are entered
- Smarter learning: recognizes deliberate actions e.g use of punctuation and delete keys and includes these in all suggestions
- Fewer keystrokes needed when searching contacts: SwiftKey will now emphasize what was previously typed in name fields
- Quickly return to previously entered search terms: Words previously used in URL fields will be emphasized in predictions
- New settings for physical keyboards: including space bar behavior and punctuation settings
- Improved layouts for Russian (compact and phonetic) and Ukrainian (compact)
- New layouts for Bulgarian (BDS), French (Bepo) and Swedish (Svorak)
- Improved settings layout
- Removed “.com” key from keyboard when typing in a URL bar (at our users’ request)
- If you choose “large” or “small” key height (in Settings – Theme & Layout) your prediction keys will also be large or small
:: Read more from the SwiftKey blog – ‘My week teaching kids to code’